- The book I am reading suddenly gets so engrossing I can't put it down - this is writing research, right? If I could just figure out how this author does it, I could use that in my own book. Somehow this research never ends till the end of the book.
- The dishes, laundry, fix-it list, etc. is staring me in the face and if I don't do something about them it will just get worse.
- Need to watch that show/movie - more research.
- Need to feed/pet the cats/dogs.
- Need to read that online article about a writing issue - more research.
- Gotta fix dinner/lunch/breakfast.
- Real research - read that article about the same subject as my book.
- Have to prep for that interview - it could lead to income that we sorely need.
- Get that book from the library written in the same genre that I'm writing - need this research, though is sure is a good book, can't put it down, what do you mean it's 2:00 in the morning, ah well who needs sleep?
Jan 24, 2011
Potholes in the Road to Story
How many ways can I get diverted off the route to a completed writing project? Let me count the ways: